Health benefits of paneer (cottage cheese) and poppy seeds
Paneer is made from whole milk. It is a source of protein, calcium, mineral, carbohydrate, and energy. It also contains high amount of fat and cholesterol. This time i am taking skimmed milk paneer to give a healthy twist, which has all goodness of milk and only 0.1 gram of fat.
Poppy seeds are good source of dietary fiber, which helps to decrease LDL blood cholesterol levels. The seeds are excellent source of B-complex vitamins. Poppy seeds contain good level of minerals like iron, copper, calcium, potassium, manganese, zinc and magnesium.
50 gram – paneer
1 tbsp – white poppy seeds socked in water(khus-khus)5 to 6 cashew nuts
1 medium size- tomato, chopped
1 medium size – onion, chopped
1 – green chilli or you can take red chilli
2 tbsp – ginger garlic paste
1/4 tsp – garam masala (cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper and clove powder)
pinch of turmeric
a pinch of sugar
dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
salt to taste
2 tbsp – olive oil/regular oil
salt as per taste
1. Make a thick paste by combining soaked poppy seeds and cashew nuts.
2. Heat olive oil in a non stick pan, add onion and sauté it till golden brown.
3. Add ginger, garlic and chilli paste fry it for 3 to 4 mins.
4. Add a pinch of turmeric.
5. Add chopped tomatoes and fry them until they get soft.
6. Add the poppy seed and cashew nut paste, 1 cup of water, pinch of sugar,and salt to taste and cook it on a low heat for 10-12 minutes until the gravy is thick.
7. And finally add paneer cubes, garam masala and kasuri methi.
8. Now your paneer with poppy seeds gravy is ready to serve.
Hope you like the paneer(cottage cheese) poppy seeds gravy.