Health benefits of lettuce-
Lettuce primarily contains 90-95% of water. 100grams of fresh lettuce provides just 15 calories. So its great for weight loss.Lettuce contains fiber, minerals like(potassium, calcium, phosphorous, iron and magnesium).
It is rich in anti-oxidants and vitamins such as A, C, E, and K.
- Prevents cancer.
- Protect the neurons
- Helps to lower the cholesterol levels.
- Lettuce contains anti-inflammatory properties that help to control inflammation.
- Prevent osteoporosis
- Good for Alzheimer’s disease by limiting neuronal damage in the brain.
200 gram – Pasta (fusilli cooked)
10 to 12 – Lettuce leaves
1 medium size – Onion, chopped
5 to 6 – Crushed garlic
1½ cup – Tomato chopped
1½ cup – Capsicum chopped
1½ cup – Tomato puree
1 – Green chilli
1/4 tsp – Black pepper powder)
2 tbsp – Olive oil
Cheese (any processed)
Salt to taste
How to cook pasta (fusilli)–
- Boil water once it starts boiling vigorously, add the pasta (fusilli).
- Add little bit of oil and salt to it.
3- Cook it till soft.
Then drain water immediately and spread the pasta in a plate and let it cool down.
How to cheesy tomato pasta (fusilli) with lettuce.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan; add crushed garlic, onion and green chilli and sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, cheese and salt, mix it well and cook for 3 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add the pasta and crushed black pepper, mix well.
- Remove from flame and cover it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- And finally serve “cheesy tomato pasta (fusilli)” with lettuce leaves.