- Chicken is one of the great sources of protein, which is very important for our body growth. Especially if you want to lose weight and build up muscle, you should include chicken in your diet.
- Chicken contains phosphorous, and calcium, which keeps your bones healthy.
- Chicken is also a good source of niacin (vitamin B3), vitamin B6, B12, iron and zinc.
- Chicken contains gelatin, which promotes healthy cartilage and good for joint diseases. Gelatin supports the connective tissue in our body and promotes growth of fingernails and hair.
500 grams – chicken
1 medium size – onion, chopped
1 medium sized – onion roughly chopped
1 large – tomato, chopped
1 whole – garlic
1 inch- ginger
2 whole – red chilies
¼ tsp – garam masala powder
¼ tsp – turmeric powder
2 tsp – lemon juice
3 to 4 tbsp – olive oil/any oil
salt to taste
Method to marinate the chicken-
- Make a thick paste by combining roughly chopped onion, garlic, ginger and red chilli.
- Wash the chicken, add 1 tbsp of this paste.
- Add 2 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp turmeric, salt, and 1 tsp oil to the chicken.
- Mix it well and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes.
Method to cook the chicken.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, add chopped onion and sauté it till golden brown.
- Add the left over onion, ginger, garlic and chilli paste fry it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add turmeric.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry them until they get soft.
- Add garam masala powder and and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Now add the marinated chicken and cook it for 15 to 20 minutes till the chicken get soft.
- Now remove the lid of pan and cook it on high flame, until the chicken gets dry.
Now “Dry masala chicken” is ready to serve.