Cumin seed is one of the most popular spices in the world; cumin seeds are popular in India, Mexico, North Africa, Western China and Middle East. Cumin seeds belong to the parsley family. Cumin seeds are rich in flavours and aroma because of certain group of essential oils. Cumin seeds not only add taste to food but also are very good for health.
- Very good source of calcium, iron, magnesium and manganese.
- Due to its essential oils, magnesium and sodium content, cumin is good for digestion.
- Cumin is an excellent source of iron. So it’s very beneficial for anaemic patients.
200 gram – Rice (soaked in water)
2 medium size – onion, chopped
1 tbsp – cumin seeds
2 to 3 – cardamom
4 to 5 – whole black pepper
2 to 3 – whole cloves
1 – green chilli
2 tbsp – olive oil/regular oil
salt as per taste
How to cook rice-
- sock 200gm of rice in water at least for 30-45mins.
- Boil water Once it starts boiling vigorously, add the rice(remove the water and then add).
- Add salt to it. Add whole spices like(cardamom, clove, cinnamon, black pepper)
- Cook it till soft.
- Then drain water immediately and spread the rice in a plate and let it cool down.
Preparation of “Cumin onion fried rice”-
- Heat olive oil in a non stick pan, add cumin seeds.
- Then add whole black pepper, clove and cardamom.
- Add chopped onion and fry them until they get soft and golden brown.
- Add green chilli.
- Add rice to it and fry it for 1 minute.
- No need to put salt to it (because its already in rice)
- Now your “Cumin onion fried rice” is ready to serve.
- Garnish it with mint leaf.