- Flat bean is a variety of bean; it is rich in fiber and low in calories. It also contains protein, carbohydrates and vitamins.
- Flat beans are excellent source of foliates vitamins like B12, B6 riboflavin and niacin.
- Rich in antioxidant so reduces the risk of cancer.
- Good for blood sugar
- Lower the levels of cholesterol and good for heart.
- Rich in fiber so its cure constipation and prevent piles.
250gram – Flat Beans sliced
1 large – Potato medium sliced
1 large – Onion chopped
1 large – Tomato chopped
1 tbsp. – Mustard seeds
½ tbsp. – Cumin seeds
4-5 cloves – Garlic
2-3 green chilli
½ tsp. – Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Preparations of paste –
Take 1 tbsp. mustard seeds, ½ tbsp. cumin seeds, 4-5 cloves of garlic and 2-3 green chilli in a mixture jar. Grind it and make a thick and smooth paste.
Method to cook the flat beans –
1- Heat 1 tbsp. oil on pan adds ½-tsp cumin seeds.
2- Add chopped onion cook it till they get soft.
3- Add flat beans and potatoes.
4- Add turmeric and salt to it cover the pan and cook it for 2 minutes.
5- Now add mustard paste and chopped tomatoes to it.
6- Add little bit of water to it again cover it and cook it for 5 more minutes.
7- Now “Flat beans and potatoes with mustard gravy” is ready to serve.