I am Bistruti Mishra, married and living with my family in Yuzhno Sakhalinsk Russia. After graduation in Biotechnology I pursued a career in clinical research and learned statistical analysis. I always believed that cooking is an art and loved to experiment with my food to make it healthy as well as tasty. I learnt many recipes from my mother and cherished the food cooked by mom. I started this blog in 2015 with a purpose to offer some simple recipes enriched with nutrients that can keep you fresh and fit. I love different cuisine and try to create my own version by making subtle changes keeping healthy aspect with Indian taste.
Blogs I Follow
- Follow Healthy happy food on WordPress.com
Heath benefits of semolina –
Semolina is a great source of energy, carbohydrates, fat, vitamins, and minerals. It is made from durum wheat, so gets digested slowly and helps you feel full for longer time and prevents from overeating. Semolina is a good source of two vital vitamins i.e B and the E group. Both, are essential for good immunity. It contains potassium that improves your kidney function.
I prefer to include semolina in my diet because its healthy, nutritious and helps me make different types of easy and quick recipes. My husband and my little baby always love these recipes. Today I will show you how to make easy and quick desert with semolina.
250ml – skimmed milk
½ tbsp.- clarified butter/unsalted butter
100gm – semolina
4tbsp – sugar
pinch of salt
2 to 3 cardamom
nuts and raisins
1. Heat the pan then put 1/2 tbsp. of clarified butter to the pan.
2. Add semolina and fry it in low flame for 1 to 2 mins.
3. Add milk to it and stir it continuously until it turns thick.
4. Add sugar as for your taste and pinch of salt.
5. Finally add cardamom powder, nuts and raisins.
Semolina skimmed milk kheer.
Health benefits of paneer (cottage cheese) and poppy seeds
Paneer is made from whole milk. It is a source of protein, calcium, mineral, carbohydrate, and energy. It also contains high amount of fat and cholesterol. This time i am taking skimmed milk paneer to give a healthy twist, which has all goodness of milk and only 0.1 gram of fat.
Poppy seeds are good source of dietary fiber, which helps to decrease LDL blood cholesterol levels. The seeds are excellent source of B-complex vitamins. Poppy seeds contain good level of minerals like iron, copper, calcium, potassium, manganese, zinc and magnesium.
50 gram – paneer
1 tbsp – white poppy seeds socked in water(khus-khus)5 to 6 cashew nuts
1 medium size- tomato, chopped
1 medium size – onion, chopped
1 – green chilli or you can take red chilli
2 tbsp – ginger garlic paste
1/4 tsp – garam masala (cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper and clove powder)
pinch of turmeric
a pinch of sugar
dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
salt to taste
2 tbsp – olive oil/regular oil
salt as per taste
1. Make a thick paste by combining soaked poppy seeds and cashew nuts.
2. Heat olive oil in a non stick pan, add onion and sauté it till golden brown.
3. Add ginger, garlic and chilli paste fry it for 3 to 4 mins.
4. Add a pinch of turmeric.
5. Add chopped tomatoes and fry them until they get soft.
6. Add the poppy seed and cashew nut paste, 1 cup of water, pinch of sugar,and salt to taste and cook it on a low heat for 10-12 minutes until the gravy is thick.
7. And finally add paneer cubes, garam masala and kasuri methi.
8. Now your paneer with poppy seeds gravy is ready to serve.
Hope you like the paneer(cottage cheese) poppy seeds gravy.